Copywriter / Journalist / Author
Content Strategy • Copywriting • Editing
Energetic copywriter generating sales-boosting marketing collateral that enhances organizational image and cultivates sales. Articulate leader collaborating with clients to devise brochures, website content, blog posts, email campaigns, product descriptions, and newsletters. Self-motivated journalist conducting interviews and research to generate engaging articles. Detail-oriented wordsmith with exceptional command of the English language; familiar with AP, AMA and Chicago styles. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Basecamp, Apollo, WordPress, and other CMS platforms.
Copywriter, Journalist, Author
KRISTEN FISCHER, Point Pleasant, NJ • 2005 to Present
Partner with clients to identify content and marketing campaign objectives; originate appealing content for brochures, press releases, website content, blog articles, e-commerce, newsletters, social media, and other marketing collateral. Interface with clients using content management systems. Secure and prepare graphics to accompany text; craft SEO tags to promote content online. Promote books including When Talent Isn’t Enough: Business Basics for the Creatively Inclined.
- Created collateral for Rutgers University, Grainger, Waterford-Wedgewood, Georgian Court University, Provide Commerce, Trane, AtlantiCare, Marriott, Hilton, PetSafe, American Law Institute, Temple University, Hyundai, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz.
- Summarized industry news for SmartBrief clients including the Airline Passenger Experience Association, American Cleaning Institute, Luxury Hoteliers, and American Association of Airport Executives briefs.
- Substantively edited articles for overhaul of About.com content into lifestyle channels including The Spruce.
- Published articles in Prevention, Woman’s Day, Prevention, Health, Healthline, Parade, New Jersey Monthly, Writer’s Digest, Costco Connection, The Writer, SheKnows, Spirituality & Health, HealthDay, FitPregnancy, Parents, BELLA NYC, HOW Design, MediaBistro, Home Business, and Home Energy.
MEDIA LIFE MAGAZINE, Alexandria, VA • 2005 to 2006
ASBURY PARK PRESS, Neptune, NJ • 2004-2005
Conducted substantive editing on daily news stories. Gathered and edited content from Associated Press wire; devised headlines and photo captions. Collaborated with editors to produce stories and in-depth feature articles.
- Traveled to Gannett warehouse to proofread newspaper pages as they arrived off the press.
MERIDIAN ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES, Toms River, NJ • 2002 to 2004
Spearheaded company communications. Drafted technical documentation including Phase I reports.
- Successfully obtained state grants to finance environmental cleanups.
News Reporter / Journalist
OCEAN COUNTY OBSERVER, Toms River, NJ • 2001 to 2002 | COAST STAR, Manasquan, NJ • 2000 to 2001
Interacted with state/local officials and organizations to provide comprehensive coverage of 2nd largest municipality in New Jersey at the Ocean County Observer, and for two municipal beats at The Coast Star.
- Selected to write weekly “School Scene” column for the Ocean County Observer.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Arts • RICHARD STOCKTON COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY, Pomona, New Jersey
American Society of Journalists and Authors, Member
Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)
Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, Member